DQA is responsible for quality control in all university processes geared towards the attainment of University mission and vision.
The overall objective of the Directorate of Quality Assurance is to promote high academic standards through maintenance and continuous enhancement of quality academic, research, consultancy and outreach programmes, in line with the University Charter, Statutes, Strategic Plan and CUE standards. The specific objectives are as follows:-
- To establish, maintain and improve standards at MUA
- To ensure Quality Assurance and Standards at MUA
- Policy formulation and implementation on matters related to Quality Assurance
- To develop guidelines and procedures to monitor, maintain and review academic, research, consultancy, outreach and extension programmes.
- To monitor and enhance the quality of teaching, learning and research experiences in the University.
- To monitor and recommend internal support services to students and staff in order to enhance academic and research quality.
- To develop and sustain a culture of continuous academic and research quality improvement among members of the University community.
- To safeguard the integrity of the academic awards of the University.