The directorate is responsible for supporting all students and faculty members by managing externally sponsored research projects. The directorate provides support for faculty, staff, and students, ranging from funding to career advice, to guidance for new investigators. The University’s faculty, students and staff are engaged in cutting-edge research across diverse academic disciplines. In line with our broad vision, the directorate is well placed to respond, and contribute, to diverse societal challenges and problems emerging from funding bodies, private and public sectors. At the Management University of Africa (MUA), the directorate spurs generation of ideas, discoveries and provision of innovative solutions to societal challenges and problems. The directorate of research development and innovation also welcomes meaningful collaborations aimed at creating sustainable impact to the society.
Roles and Functions
- Requisition of Research Resources.
- Organisation of Research Related Seminars, Workshops and Conferences.
- Coordination of Research and Publications.
- Coordinating Development and Innovation Activities.
- Providing extensive, on-line database of funding opportunities as a resource for the entire University’s research community.
- Formulation and Provision of Policy Guidelines, Rules and Regulations on Planning, Development, Implementation, Evaluation and Management of Research Programmes.
- Recommending Research Staff for Short-term Training and Development
- Coordination of Research, Development and Innovation activities.
- Identifying appropriate collaborators, recommending potential faculty who may offer the requisite expertise to fundable proposal development
- Grant and project coordination.
- Preparation of technical and financial sections of fundable proposals.