EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a private University in Kenya with its main campus in Kisaju, Kajiado County and a town campus in South C, Nairobi. We are a Premier University providing management and transformative leadership solutions worldwide. We are looking for a dynamic, self-driven and result oriented professionals to fill the following position
CORPORATE AFFAIRS OFFICER
The Corporate Affairs Officer will lead the University Public relations and Communications team and will develop and implement strategies for the University to ensure that unified, consistent and positive messages define and promote the University’s Corporate identity and mission.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The key areas of the job focus are corporate communication, public relations, media relations, social media management, and digital marketing
- Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to promote and positively represent the University through internal and external communication.
- Maintaining communications with media outlets to promote the organization’s vision, mission, activities, and accomplishments
- Helping develop and implement public relations campaigns to build support for the organization’s vision, mission or initiatives
- Coordinating with other departments within the university to develop plans for events such as press conferences, community meetings, and fundraising events
- Developing relationships with local community leaders and businesses to encourage public support for the organization’s activities
- Securing opportunities for conducting interviews with government officials and other experts on topics relevant to the organization’s mission
- Preparing reports on public opinion surveys, focus groups, and other research activities designed to measure public attitudes about issues of interest to the organization
- Creating content for the organization’s website, social media accounts, and blog and ensuring these platforms are up to date
- Drive the digital marketing agenda of the University
- Conducting research on issues relevant to the university’s vision and mission or activities
- Coordinating with local media outlets to arrange interviews with senior officers and key staff members
- Overseeing the workflow and work assignments of corporate Affairs and communications team to ensure effective collaboration among team members and consistent, quality work.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for communicating on behalf of the University that presents the corporate identity and promotes and supports the University’s mission.
- Seeking new methods and creative strategies to increase internal and external awareness of key events and changes in the University including the launch of new products, special events, local and global community service, and other topics interested.
- Designing and preparing marketing communication materials in manner that promotes the image and enhance visibility of the University.
- Ensuring strong and resilient relationships with core partners across the region including local authorities, major employers, business representative organization and area partners.
- Building and leverage strong network with business, political and media contacts around region in order to support delivery of our work
- Planning and coordinating, CSR activities of the University
- Coordinating all branding activities of the University to uphold a strong and consistent university brand and heritage
- Representing the University in a variety of settings, always promoting in the best way possible.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications ; Master’s degree in communication is an added advantage.
- At least Three years of experience in communications field.
- Management experience is preferred
- Must be able to write and successfully deploy press releases and other material
- Must be able to do presentations, videos and other tools of communication
- Must be able to manage website and social media.
- Must possess strong Leadership and management skills, including ability to manage corporate improvement programme and to contribute to leadership of the University.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, daytime telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 31st December 2023. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P. O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI